Short Video: Click to Watch the Video!
1 onion, diced
3 stalks celery, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 T butter
1 ring Andouille sausage, sliced into rounds (or half-rounds if you have kiddos)
2 cans tomatoes, diced
2 c white rice
2 c chicken stock
2 t Cajun seasoning
2 t chili powder
1.5 T soy sauce
1.5 T Worcestershire sauce
- Set your Instant Pot to saute. Once it’s heated up, add the butter and Dearborn Brand Cajun Sausage to brown.
- Once browned to your liking, add the celery and onion to the pot and allow to cook down until tender.
- Add the garlic and stir for 30 seconds to a minute.
- Sprinkle the Cajun seasoning, chili powder, soy sauce, and Worchestershire sauce into the Instant Pot and stir well.
- Add the tomatoes, rice, and chicken stock before stirring to combine, making sure there aren’t any big lumps of rice so it all cooks evenly.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot and set it to manual on high for 10 minutes, after ensuring your valve is set to seal.
- When the time is up, quick pressure release and remove the lid.
- Stir it all up well and let it stand for 5-10 minutes to thicken slightly.
- Serve with your favorite flavor of Tabasco!