5 Pounds Russet Potatoes Peeled and Cubed
2 Cups of Carrots Peeled and Cubed
1 Pound Package Cubed Ham, such as a Dearborn Brand Ham Steak
1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
½ Teaspoon Pepper
½ Teaspoon Salt
5-6 Cups Chicken Broth
½ Cup Milk
½ Cup Sour Cream
2 Cups Shredded Cheese
2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
2 Tablespoons Cold Water
Green Onions and Extra Cheese for Serving Optional
- Add your peeled and cubed potatoes and carrots to the bottom of your instant pot.
- Add in the ham, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, salt, and chicken broth.
- Place the lid on the instant pot and seal.
- Turn the instant pot on Manual for 8 minutes.
- When the timer has gone off, do a quick release and carefully remove the lid.
- Stir the milk and sour cream into the soup.
- In a small bowl mix together the cornstarch and water.
- Turn the pot to saute and whisk in the cornstarch and water mixture until the soup has thickened.
- Turn the pot off and stir in the cheese until melted.
- Serve topped with green onions and extra cheese if desired.