Short Video: Click to Watch the Video!
1 Dearborn Brand Classic Trim Ham
1 jar of Cloves
5 cups Brown Sugar
5 tablespoons Yellow Mustard
(more or less to taste)
1 can of Vernors
1 cup Pineapple Juice
Shredded Coconut to finish (optional)
Small can of Pineapple Rings
Small jar of Maraschino Cherries, drained
- Put the ham in a baking dish and cut into the fat on the top of the ham one inch in.
- Sweat the ham in oven for 20-25 minutes with the cloves inserted in between the scored sections.
- Remove ham from the oven to cool.
- Mix the brown sugar, yellow mustard , ginger ale and pineapple juice. Pour over the ham and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake ham, until crisp, in the oven at 400°. Baste every 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with coconut and add pineapple slices and maraschino cherries. Serve.