Short Video: Click to Watch the Video!
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
2 tablespoons pesto
2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon dried minced onion (or fresh minced onion)
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 package Hawaiian rolls (12 rolls)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
14 ounces Dearborn Ham
8 ounces sliced Swiss cheese
- In a small bowl, melt the butter halfway in the microwave, about 40-60 seconds.
- Stir in the pesto, Dijon, minced onion, and red pepper flakes. Let this mixture sit at room temperature to thicken up, or place in the fridge.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Use a sharp serrated knife to split the rolls in half (do no separate into individual rolls.) Place the bottom half of the rolls on a rimmed baking sheet. (Or you could also do it in a 9×13 inch pan.)
- Spread mayo on the bottom layer of rolls.
- Layer Dearborn Brand Ham on the bottom half of the buns. Layer the cheese on top, then put on the top half of the rolls.
- Spoon the butter-pesto mixture over the tops of the rolls and spread it all over.
- Cover the rolls with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 for 12 minutes.
- Remove the foil. Continue baking for another 2-5 minutes, until the tops are browned. Keep an eye on the bottoms of the rolls so they don’t burn.
- Use a sharp knife to cut each sandwich and serve hot!